Penn State University - State College Area School District
PreK-4 Professional Development School Partnership
Middle School Partnership, Grades 4-8
The Pennsylvania State University - State College Area School District K-8 Professional Development Schools (PDS) is a collaborative program involving preservice teachers, veteran teachers, administrators, and university faculty working together to accomplish four goals, referred to as the "4 Es."
Enhance the educational experiences of all children.
Ensure high quality inductions of new teachers into our professions.
Engage in furthering our own professional growth as teachers and teacher educators of all children.
Educate the next generation of teacher educators.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Penn State is the new home for the PA PDS Network
- Welcome to our new PDS Building Principal: Mr. Zach Wynkoop, Radio Park
- Welcome Deirdre Bauer to her new role as K-6 Curriculum DIrector
- Read about our 2011-12 Awards
- PDS National Conference March 27 to 30, Las Vegas
- Fall Literacy Training for Interns: Monday December 16th at Grays Woods
- Fall Semester Culmination: Wednesday December 18 at Grays Woods
- 2014 Inquiry Conference May 3, 2014, Mount Nittany Middle School
Preapplications for the Pk-4 2014-15 PDS year will be accepted between October 14th and December 13th. Look here for the link to the preapplication.
- PDS Alumni Facebook Group
- "A Guide for Mentors and PDA’s Based on Insights and Recommendations from the Struggling Intern Study." Written by Lynn Sanders.
- Mentor Teacher Resource Guide
- Intern Resource Guide (pdf)
- Exploring Directions in Ubiquitous Computing And Teacher Education (EDUCATE).
- National School Reform Faculty (CIG materials)
- Responsive Classroom
- National Association of Professional Development Schools
- Are we successful? YES! Read about our awards and recognition.