Teaching the Educator
Teaching The Educator
The Nurse Aide Training: Teaching The Educator (TTE) Workshop is a collaborative endeavor between The Center for Professional Personnel Development at The Pennsylvania State University and the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This program serves to facilitate the process of transitioning professional nurses from the role of practitioner into the role of instructor of nurse aide training.
By developing knowledge and practice involving curriculum development, content requirement, and teaching an evaluative methodology, nurses are expected to leave the workshop prepared to successfully teach Nurse Aide (N.A.) training in accordance with the federal and state legislative requirements - OBRA and Act 14, respectively.
TTE Workshop Course Objectives
- Practice using the tools and information necessary to develop curriculum and required content to teach in a state-approved nurse aide training program.
- Discuss diverse teaching techniques and methods to deliver course content using various modalities.
- Design and use evaluation tools for clinical and classroom performance of the nurse aide student.
- Identify state and federal regulations that govern NA training programs.
- Develop and/or deliver a NA training program according to federal and state regulations.
- A "Certificate of Completion" is issued to those who successfully complete the workshop in its entirety and meet CMS qualifications. The names and license numbers of those who complete the workshop will be sent to the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- A "Certificate of Continuing Education Recognition" is issued to RNs for 22.3 contact hours of continuing education, (as approved by the Pennsylvania Nurses Association, which is accredited as an approver of continuing education in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation) and to LPNs for 22.3 contact hours (as approved by NAPNES).
Where to Begin
Are you qualified? Click on Participant Qualifications and read this page to determine if you are qualified. If, after reading, you are uncertain if you qualify contact Sheri Weidman at the PA Dept. of Education. (717) 772-4868.
Where and When are the Workshops? Click on Dates and Locations for a schedule.
How do I Register? Click on and read the Registration Guidelines. After reading this section, click on REGISTRATION to complete the online registration form and submit payment. All registration is completed online.
How do I get Materials for this course? Click on Materials and Assignments to order materials and download assignments.