What is Professional Development School?
The Pennsylvania State University - State College Area School District K-8 Professional Development Schools (PDS) is a collaborative program involving pre-service teachers, veteran teachers, administrators, and university faculty working together to accomplish four goals, referred to as the "4 Es."
- Enhance the educational experiences of all children.
- Ensure high quality inductions of new teachers into our professions.
- Engage in furthering our own professional growth as teachers and teacher educators of all children.
- Educate the next generation of teacher educators.
Who Should Attend?
Juniors majoring in elementary education who seek an opportunity to pursue an intensive field-based alternative for completion of their teacher preparation program during their senior year should attend Professional Development School.
Think PDS is right for you? Learn more about the PDS program.
Preapplications for the PK–4 2015–16 PDS will be accepted between October 13 and December 12, 2014.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Penn State is the new home for the PA PDS Network.
- Welcome to our new PDS Building Principal: Mr. Zach Wynkoop, Radio Park
- 2014 Amazing Race for Interns: June 3, 2014
- 2014 Pinning Ceremony: June 9, 2014
- PA PDS Network Summer Conference: June 26-28 at Nittany Lion Inn
- 2014-15 PDS Jumpstart Begins- August 11, 2014
- 2014-15 Pairs Workshop and Opening Ceremony- August 18, 2014